Wednesday, January 24, 2007

I’m accepted by the one who matters most

AND Lincoln University.

Yep, it’s true. I’m officially accepted into their Masters of Applied Science programme. My particular specialization is International Rural Development.

Basically I will be learning about the process of development as it applies to the rural sector of international……well….nations.

I’M SO EXCITED! I just can’t wait to get started.

Plus, I get to go to Samoa for 10 days to visit a real live project.

The world is a good and beautiful place (even if Greenland is loosing 400 cubic kilometers of ice very year…panic stations…)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shaz, congratulations! I always thought you would do awesome with whatever you set out for :-)
You're awesome Shaz. Love ya.

Iain said...

I'm only a stupid computo-psychologist, so how exactly does international rural studies work?

In my little brain, rural is what is somewhere inside countries, and international is that which is between countries...

Help me out here!

P.S. fieldtrip to Samoa sounds awesome, I did a Samoan language course once.

Sharyn said...

Hey Matt! It's so good to hear from you - I emailed you the other day, but either you ignored me or I got your email wrong. Email me sometime on:

shazzie.brown at gmail.com

And Iain,

You imbecile. International refers to countries OTHER than New Zealand (the course applies to Developing Countries) and the Rural refers to non-urban. So it's the study of development as it applies to the rural sectors of OTHER countries.

Kapish?

Iain said...

Ahh, the study of foreign farmers' stuff, why didn't you SAY that? :P